There have been some exciting new additions to the August 11th conference!! The CHRO is happy to announce that we will be joined by Governor Dannel Malloy.
The conference is also going to be co-sponsored by the Connecticut Juvenile Justice Alliance as well as the UCONN Human Rights Institute.
The CHRO can also now announce all of our panelist! The two panels will be comprised of:
- Feng An, Director of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Boston
- Dr. Ken Anthony, Director of Professional Development and Research CT After School Network
- Michelle Dumas Keuler, Human Rights Attorney, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Marisa Mascolo Halm, Director, TeamChild Juvenile Justice Project Center for Children’s Advocacy
- Steven Hernández, Director of Public Policy and Research, Connecticut Commission on Children
- Mike Lawlor, Under Secretary for Criminal Policy and Planning Division in the CT Office of Public Management/Chair of the Criminal Justice Policy Advisory Commission
- David McGuire, Legislative and Policy Director at the Connecticut American Civil Liberties Union (CT-ACLU)
- Christine Perra Rapillo, Director of Delinquency Defense and Child Protection in the CT Division of Public Defender Services/Member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice/Member of the CT Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee
- Cheryl Sharp, Deputy Director, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Dawn Yuster, Project Director of School Justice Project, Advocates for Children of New York
The conference will take place on August 11th from 8:30 am-1:00 pm in the Old Judiciary Room in the Capitol.
Please RSVP here http://goo.gl/forms/OvtmX9hjao or through email to Attorney Cheryl Sharp, Deputy Director at Cheryl.Sharp@ct.gov with your name, title/position, and organization (if any). We hope to see you there!